Wolf Camp & School of Natural Science ran weekly online classes focusing on Wilderness Survival & Bushcraft Skills every week last fall. The recorded classes are great for personal enrichment, independent study, micro-school learning pods, homeschool families, and distance learning in general. The series of ten classes costs $95 for perpetual access, so you can view and practice skills at your own pace.
- Class 1 – The Order of Survival & Four Minutes to establish Personal Awareness, Communication & Teamwork (content example)
- Class 2 – Local Knowledge & Four Hours to Make Shelter (content example)
- Class 3 – Fire Decisions & Four Days to Pure Water (content example)
- Class 4 – Wild Medicine & Four Weeks to Secure Food (content example)
- Class 5 – Wilderness First Aid, Knife & Tool Training (content example)
- Class 6 – Fire Steel, Tinder, Criss-Cross Fire Making & Burn Bowls (content example)
- Class 7 – Fire By Friction: Bow Drill, Hand Drill, Flint & Steel (content example)
- Class 8 – Rabbitsticks & Bow Making Primer (content example)
- Class 9 – Arrows & At-Latl Dart Primer (content example)
- Class 10 – Special Final Classes on Wilderness Survival & Bushcraft Training includes two recordings, one from the original afternoon youth class on making string, rope and cordage from plants like raffia, cedar and stinging nettle; and then an evening class with special guest speaker Seth Kantner who was with us live from above the arctic circle. Not only is he a friend/mentor of class participant Johnson Qaiyaaqpak Black where they both live in Kotzebue, Alaska, but he is also an acclaimed photographer and author of books including Ordinary Wolves, Swallowed by the Great Land, Shopping for Porcupine, Pup and Pokey. Due to the miracle of modern technology, this was a rare opportunity for us to hear about surviving and thriving in the wilds of Northwest Alaska, where we asked Seth (and Johnson) questions about surviving in conditions most of us can only dream about.
Cost & Access:
The series of ten classes costs $95 for perpetual access, so you can view and practice skills at your own pace. Either call us at 425-248-0253 ex. 1 and we will take your registration with a credit card securely over the phone, or use PayPal to register online securely with a credit/debit card or via direct withdrawal from your bank account. Use the link below (might not be visible if you are using “reader view” on your phone or other device) or sign into paypal.com and “send money” to our email address.
Deposits ($100 for day programs, $200 for overnight programs) are not refundable unless we don’t accept your application. If you cancel for any reason, you may receive a full credit good through the following calendar year on appropriate and available programs listed on our schedule, although an additional deposit is needed to secure your spot in the future program. If a program you sign up for is canceled and not rescheduled at a time you can attend, you may receive a full refund except in cases of natural (weather, geologic, wildfire, etc) disasters, epidemics, grid failures, government shutdowns, conflicts or curfews, or other unforeseen emergencies making it unsafe or impossible for staff and/or attendees to reach or use program locations, in which case all payments made will be held by us without expiration date for your future use in appropriate/available programs of your choice. Reasons include the expenditure of funds (property rentals, advertising, materials, admin staff time, etc.) long before programs take place, i.e. deposits make it feasible for Wolf Camp to schedule programs in the first place, but our mutually understood agreement is that Wolf Camp will run the program at the safest available time in the future. Finally, no refund, nor credit, is given if a participant is asked to leave a program for inappropriateness as determined by our kids, youth and adult agreements for participation.
Or email us to be put on our list for this program in the future. We always keep your information absolutely private, and will never share it.