Summer Training Camps & Expeditions run Sunday-Friday and are lead by top teaching staff with expertise in many different earth skills. Expeditions are open to all but geared towards young adults, with priority to those who have attended classes and workshops with us in the past.
July 17-23, 2022: Wilderness Survival Training & Trek near Mt. Rainier for participants accepted into our summer apprenticeship program.
June 18-23, 2023: Teaching Nature: Training for Environmental Educators & Nature Guides at Lake Sammamish for participants accepted into our summer apprenticeship program.
- July 9-14, 2023: Wild Cooking & Herbal Medicine plus Tracking Cougar Country I – Birds to Bears near Mt. Rainier for participants in our Earth Skills Teaching Apprenticeship.
- July 30 – Aug 4, 2023: Scout Philosophy & Mentoring plus Tracking Cougar Country II – Birds to Bears at Lake Sammamish for participants in our Earth Skills Teaching Apprenticeship.
- August 13-18, 2023 Traditional Tech: The Artisan at Lake Sammamish for participants in our Earth Skills Teaching Apprenticeship.
- Aug 27 – Sept 1, 2023: Subsistence Fishing Camp with priority enrollment for participants in our apprenticeship program.
- Returning in 2024: Backcountry Leadership – Wilderness Conservation, Navigation & Risk Management near Mt. Rainier for participants accepted into our summer apprenticeship program.
Want to go further in depth? Apply for our full-time summer residential programs:
The Earth Skills Teaching Apprenticeship has been our hallmark residential program since 1999 and is available for qualified participants who want to learn to teach wilderness skills in a fast-paced, outdoor setting. Our goal is to ensure that by the end of the summer you have the skillset necessary to work anywhere in the field of outdoor education. Experience full-time work-trade training (including food and facilities) from June 26 – July 30, 2022 and become eligible for hire starting July 31st at $15/hr-$25/hr depending on whether you assist, co-teach or lead summer camp weeks. Apply asap before space fills.
The Blue Skye Farm Internship is a sustainable homesteading program with “permaculture” and entrepreneurial components. The goal is for you to practice cultivating the home environment in a way that benefits nature as well as humans. Certified by the Washington State Farm Internship Program, you’ll help run Blue Skye Farm, home of Wolf Camp & School of Natural Science, growing and selling produce on site. Arrive for the full-time farm experience on May 21, 2022, and remain as late into the season as your schedule allows. This is a work-trade experience with room and board included for qualified applicants, with some income available through farm sales. Apply asap before space fills.
Coming in 2024: The Wilderness Skills Training Intensive is our fundamental summer residential experience for young adults who want to focus soley on building their outdoor skills. It’s the fastest path to wilderness proficiency through an intensive array of earth skills. Our goal is to ensure that by the end of the summer you have the skills, knowledge and experience needed to thrive in any outdoor situation. $6,000 base tuition including all living expenses can be discounted for previous training, education, personal outdoor experience, and work-trade.
Or check out our Weekend Workshops.