Registration for Summer Camps 2021 will open after the pandemic era ends, locations are reserved, and permits are secured. Scroll down for the tentative schedule, and in the meantime, check out our virtual academic year classes!
- Tuesday Classes focus on Herbal Medicine & Plant Crafts in the Autumn Season from Sept 15 – Nov 17, 2020, followed by Gardening & Cooking Wild Edible Food Plants in the spring of 2021.
- Thursday Classes focus on Wilderness Survival & Bushcraft Skills in the Autumn Season from Sept 17 – Nov 19, 2020, followed by Wildlife Tracking & Birding in the spring of 2021.
- Saturday Classes for all ages guide you through the Wolf Journey Earth Conservation Course – Book One: The Neighborhood Naturalist.
Wolf Camp ran its first nature and survival summer camps in 1997. We now offer a host of camps for kids, youth, adults and family. Directors Kim & Chris Chisholm are on site all week with professionally-trained staff instructors at our hallmark 6-1 average student-teacher ratio (4-1 separate groups during pandemic era) that’s so critical for safe, profound, and fun outdoor experiences.
Programs are currently proceeding with CDC and state/local health department advisories on appropriate sizing, screening, distancing and hygiene protocols. Please read our Summer Camps during the Pandemic Era post and if you prefer or want to consider Virtual Day Camps in addition, please click on wolf.camp/virtual-online-summer-kids-day-camps-youth-familly/
Join us for unique wilderness skills day camps in two locations for ages 7-13 during the summers of 2020-21:
2020 at Lake Sammamish – Six Weeks are WAIT LISTED including July 6-10 as well as July 27 – Aug 21 running from 9:30-3:30 with complimentary extended care from 8:00-5:00. Camps include themes such as the Wilderness Skills Sampler, Wilderness Survival Craft, Wildlife Search & Rescue, Wild Chefs & Herbology, Blue Skye Pioneers and the new FLOW Camp, plus advanced themes for returning campers such as Advanced Pioneer Artisan, Advanced Animal Tracking, Advanced Herbal Medicine, and Advanced Arts of the Scout. Camps take place at the Hans Jensen Group Camp in Issaquah.
2020 Puyallup Day Camps – Two Weeks are WAIT LISTED including the June 22-26 Wilderness Skills Sampler, Aug 24-28 Wilderness Survival Craft, plus returning next summer Wild Cooking & Herbology, Wildlife Search & Rescue, and the Blue Skye Farm Pioneer Camp. Hours are 9:00-3:00 with complimentary extended care from 8:30-3:30, plus aftercare from 3:30-5:30 for a fee. Camps take place at Clark’s Creek Park and Blue Skye Farm.
Youth Overnight Summer Camps: (Canceled in 2020)
Get the full Wolf Camp experience in our week long immersive wilderness skills programs. Each week we teach a new and exciting wilderness skills themed summer camp covering a wide range of topics. Our summer overnight camps are geared towards youth ages 9-17 but separated into groups of campers close in age. Our adult expedition programs run at the same time as the youth overnight camps of the same themes.
July 11-16, 2021 Sun-Fri: Wild Chefs & Herbal Medics and Secrets of the Ancient Scout – Animal Tracking near Mt Rainier. No prerequisite for teen groups (ages 13+), while pre-teen group (ages 9-13) requires previous attendance at one of our family workshops, kids day camps, or overnight youth camps in the past. Transportation available from SeaTac & Puyallup.
July 18-23, 2021 Sun-Fri: Wilderness Survival Side of the Mountain near Mt Rainier with prerequisite of any prior overnight camp with us (last week or past years), running simultaneously with Advanced Primal Apocalypse Survival for those who attended at least one of our overnight survival camps in prior years. Transportation available from SeaTac & Puyallup.
August 29 – Sept 3, 2021 Sun-Fri: Archers, Artists & Artisans at Camp Curran near Tacoma WA. No prerequisite for teen group ages 13+, while pre-teen group ages 9-13 requires previous attendance at one of our family workshops, kids day camps, or overnight youth camps in the past. Transportation available from SeaTac.
We were voted the BEST FAMILY CAMP in the region by Parentmap.com’s 2019 Golden Teddy Award competition. Explore all of our options for families to study together. These include:
- Virtual Family Camps run Mon-Fri, June 22nd – Sept 4th, with hours of 9-10 AM Online Camp Instruction; 10-12 On-Call Mentoring while participants are outdoors, 12:00-12:30 Virtual Potluck Lunch & Afternoon Directions; 2:30-3:00 Online Review, Show & Tell, plus 3-5 PM Extended On-Call Mentoring with 5 PM Last Check-In for participants who want to continue what they started earlier in the day. The summer schedule offers themes including Virtual Secret Spot, Farm The Yard, Wild Cooking & Herbology, Wildlife Search & Rescue, Wilderness Survival Craft, and Secrets of the Ancient Scout.
- Then join us in the fall as we roll out the online edition of Wolf Journey Book One – Trail of the Neighborhood Naturalist on a path to becoming your neighborhood naturalist. Begin the journey by finding a study site where you carry out lessons of Urban & Rural Habitat Conservation throughout the course. Each time you visit your site, you will walk more intimately within the landscape, and by the time you complete the course, you will have become a key resource on the natural world for your community, and perhaps the best expert on habitat conservation in your neighborhood.