Join instructors Kim & Chris Chisholm for any of the following wildlife trainings. Upcoming workshop choices include:
• Sat, March 28, 2015: Wolf Trackers Conservation Training No Prerequisite in the Tacoma, WA area from 10:00-4:00. Join us in concert with regional conservation organizations to learn citizen science methods for tracking wolves, and documenting Washington & Oregon pack behavior in preparation for monitoring the wolves as they transition from winter to denning season. $45 contribution for today’s training. Please click Wolf Trackers Training for full description.
• Sat, April 4, 2015: Tracking the Teanaway Wolves Prerequisite Required along the Teanaway River near Cle Elum, WA. Previous wildlife tracking workshops, camp or expedition is required. Optional session on Friday evening prior to set up remote wildlife cameras, with camping available in the Teanaway Wolf Pack area. $75 contribution for today’s training. Please click Wolf Trackers Training for full description.
• Sat, May 2, 2015: Understanding Birds and Their Voices No Prerequisite at a wild urban birding oasis in Puyallup WA. When you understand the language of birds, you’ll know where animals (including predators) are hidden, plus other secrets. You’ll learn the meanings of bird songs, companion calls, alarm calls, and calls of aggression, among other vocalizations. It’s easy to do, and you can learn it all from robins, then extrapolate to other bird species which will tell you about raptors flying overhead, owls perched in trees, bears lumbering along trails, bobcats stalking through the brush, and weasels sneaking under downed logs. 12:00 Noon – 6:00 PM for just $65. Click on Understanding Birds and Their Voices for full itinerary and registration information.
• Sat, May 9, 2015: Trailing & Photographing Animals in Elk Country No Prerequisite along the Nisqually River at the foot of Mt Rainier. Whether you hunt with a camera, bow or gun, or if you just love northwest wildlife, you are welcome you to join us for a special day of tracking along the wild and scenic Nisqually River at the gates to Mt. Rainier Nat’l Park. Learn specialized tracking and trailing skills as we venture to get close to elk, deer, bear, and a host of other critters as well. 12:00-6:00 at cost of $45-$65. Click on title above for full itinerary and registration information. Friday Night overnight camping at Sahara Creek Horse Camp free with Discover Pass.
• Sat, May 16, 2015: Cougars, Coyotes & Other Critters: Awareness & Safety No Prerequisite along the Snoqualmie River just 30 minutes east of Seattle. Learn what to do in case you run into a mountain lion on the trail, or if one is spotted in your neighborhood. Whether you are a researcher, conservationist, hunter or lover of our regional mega-fauna, you are welcome to join us for a great day tracking along a wild stretch of Snoqualmie River where cougars follow elk and deer, and other animals, like us, remain alert to their presence. 12:00-6:00 at cost of $45-$65. Click on title above for full itinerary and registration information.
• Sat, May 23, 2015: All About Black Bears, Cubs & Their Dens No Prerequisite near Mt Rainier. Learn what to do when you run into bears on the trail, or if a bear is spotted in your neighborhood, and check out some of the most classic examples of bears denning in hollow, burned-out, old-growth tree snags where mother bears recently emerged with their cubs, then pick up the freshest sign and follow it in hopes of catching a glimpse of bears in what may be the area with most dense bear population in the region. 12:00-6:00 at cost of $45-$65. Click on title above for full itinerary and registration information.
• September 8-13, 2015 Two Day Cybertracker Animal Tracking Evaluation Workshop Choices (tentative – contact to inquire) – No Prerequisite along the Nisqually River at the base of Mt. Rainier near Ashford WA. Available Evaluations: Two Day Cybertracker Trailing Levels I-II-III with Brian McConnell if available; Two Day Cybertracker Track & Sign Levels I-II-III with David Moskowitz if available. Contact us to choose your preferred two days. Please click on Cybertracker Trailing, Track & Sign Evaluations for more details and to register. $225 if registered by June 5th.
Costs & Registration
Please click on full workshop descriptions above for registration information.