Invite Whatcom County instructor Bill Baroch and Wolf College directors Kim & Chris Chisholm to our favorite teaching locations such as Sumas Community Center & City Park, Village Books in Old Fairhaven, and Western Washington University during the academic year, or check out our classes in other Northwest locations.
May 18, 2015 Homeschool Class Fundraisers for Weema Int’l
Monday, May 18, 2015 – Bellingham Area Homeschool Classes with Wolf Camp!
10:00-12:30 Wildlife Safety & Nature Awareness
Freaked out by something slithery peering out at you from under a moist log? Thrilled at the sight of a wriggling larvae burrowing for cover under the leaves? All shook up when something yellow and black buzzes dangerously close to your ear? Well, take a deep breath and join us for a very special class where you’ll learn to exponentially increase your senses of sight, smell, touch, taste, and hearing! Then we’ll practice what to do in case of encounters with bears, wolves and mountain lions. We’ll also learn bird language and wildlife tracking skills to search out, identify, and safely fine some amazing critters normally overlooked.
1:00-3:30 Navigation, Orienteering & Lostproofing
If you are “navigationally challenged,” the simple, effective way we teach these skills will open a world of understanding for you in nature. The class will also give you great teaching tools for use to stay safe when hiking with children. We’ll review the 10 Packing Essentials, then learn the Top 10 Lostproofing Skills, the Top 10 Orienteering Skills including use of the compass, and the Top 10 Natural Navigation Skills including an exercise to determine if you and your child tend to circle left or right when “dead reckoning” where to walk. Finally, let the fun begin as we send families out on a mini orienteering/geocache challenge that we have set up for you!
Details: $15 per person. The classes are appropriate for ages 6 to adult, and are designed for parents and kids to take together. Classes are being offered as a fundraiser for Weema International, an NGO working in rural, southern Ethiopia.
Pre-Registration Required: Contact Tina Martin at email@example.com to register and for more information including Fairhaven area class location.
Other Available Custom Class Themes:
For introductory classes, we recommend scheduling 3 hour class times for the subjects below, such as 10:30-1:30 for homeschool families, or 6:00-9:00 for evening adult classes, and collecting $15-$25 for the first family member, $10-$15 per additional family member, with a minimum of $375-$475 required for most classes in Whatcom County, depending on location, materials needed, and instructor availability.
• Climate Change Training – Lifestyle, Debates, Emergencies & Carbon Sequestration is taking place October 24, 2014 in Puyallup and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Backcountry Crafts – Making Rope, Berry Collecting Baskets, Sleeping Bag Mats & More is taking place November 14, 2014 in Puyallup and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Wilderness Survival Skills including Bow Drill Fire Demo is taking place January 23, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Natural Navigation, Map & Compass, Lostproofing, & Orienteering is taking place February 27, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Local Wild Edible Plants & Backcountry Herbal Medicine is taking place March 27, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Safety, Tracks & Bird Alarms in Cougar, Wolf & Bear Country is taking place April 24, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Backcountry Gourmet & Wilderness Camp Stove Cooking Classes by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
In-Depth Workshop Level Program Options:
For more in-depth workshop themes, we recommend 6-8 hours, and collecting $45-$95 per person depending on subject materials, with a minimum of $575-$975 collected depending on location, time and materials.
• Harvesting & Crafting Plants for Baskets, Rope, Mats & Tonics similar to the workshop taking place October 18 & November 15, 2014 in Puyallup WA.
• Sustainable Homes & Gardens: Permaculture Workshops similar to the workshop taking place November 2-9-15, 2014 in Roy WA.
• Bow & Arrow Making Workshop similar to the workshop taking place January 24, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Hide-Tanning & Parfleche Workshop similar to the workshop taking place January 31, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Wilderness Survival including Bow Drill Fire Making similar to the workshop taking place February 28, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Wolf Trackers Conservation Training similar to the workshops taking place March 28 & April 5, 2015 in Olympia & Cle Elum WA.
• Edible Seaweeds, Shellfish, & Shore Plants of the Salish Sea similar to the workshop taking place April 11, 2015 at Deception Pass.
• Wild Edible Plant Foraging & Herbal Medicine Making similar to the workshop taking place April 18, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Understanding Birds and Their Voices similar to the workshop taking place May 2, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Cougars, Coyotes & Other Critters: Awareness & Safety similar to the workshop taking place May 9, 2015 east of Seattle WA.
• Trailing & Photographing Animals in Elk Country similar to the workshop taking place May 23, 2015 near Mt Rainier.
• Pier & Fly Fishing similar to the workshop taking place June 6, 2015 near Tacoma WA.
To schedule a program for your family, friends or group, you can always get a hold of us using our contact page.
Credit/Debit Card Registration Option: Just call us at 253-604-4681 or 425-248-0253 and we will run your card securely over the phone.
Check/Mail Registration Option: Send with a check deposit payable to the Wolf College, 1026 14th St. SW, Puyallup WA 98371 with participant name(s), phone number, email address, age of any minors, and any allergies or health restrictions we should know about.
PayPal Registration Option:
1. Go to PayPal to send a payment.
2. Log in or add your contact information, add our email address as the recipient, and type the deposit amount you wish to make.
4. Complete your payment using your PayPal account, credit card, debit card, etc.
5. Add a note with the program date, start time, and location, plus your phone number, names of additional friends/family members you are registering, and ages of any children. PayPal will provide us with your email address.
Our refund policy:
Deposits are not refundable unless your registration is not accepted. If you cancel after making additional payment, you may receive a credit for a future program, minus a 25% administration fee of total payments made, in case of emergency. You will receive a full refund if your program is canceled and not rescheduled at a time that you can attend. No refund (and not necessarily any credit) is given if a participant is inappropriate at the program and asked to leave.