Class Themes & Dates:
• Feb 13 – April 17, 2015 Wildlife Safety, Tracking & Bird Language at Lake Sammamish State Park: Homeschool Class Series on Fridays from 10:30-1:00 for youth of all ages. Cost is $200 for the first family member, $175 per additional child if paid in advance by check ($5-$10 extra fee if using credit card or paypal) for the 10 class series including materials, or $25 per child per class if visiting class-by-class. Children may be divided into older and younger groups, with requests honored to keep friends and siblings together if desired. We are also going to schedule two parent volunteers per class, so let us know if you would like to assist during any of the dates, with requests balanced between a first-request and everyone-gets-a-chance basis. Email us to check on availability or click here for registration options. The itinerary includes:
Fri, Feb 13 – Great Backyard Bird Count
Fri, Feb 20 – Wild Animal Safety & Awareness
Fri, Feb 27 – Trailing Animals – Cybertracker Style
Fri, Mar 6 – Animal Family Track & Sign Identification
Fri, Mar 13 – Track & Sign Field Interpretation
Fri, Mar 20 – The Meaning of Bird Vocalizations
Fri, Mar 27 – Bird Language ID Hike
Fri, Apr 3 – Expertise on Wolves & Other Key Species
Fri, Apr 10 – Cougar & Bear Sign Near Lake Sammamish
Fri, Apr 17 – Search & Rescue Tracking
June 29 – July 3, 2015 at Lake Sammamish State Park in Issaquah: Special Series of Morning & Afternoon Classes all week long covering all our topics!
Also By Request anytime throughout King County in favorite locations such as the Good Shepherd Center, UW Burke Museum, UW Center for Urban Horticulture, Bellevue Community Centers, Lewis Park Environmental Center, Lake Sammamish State Park, North Rose Hill Woodlands Park Shelter and other venues by request with instructors Charlie Borrowman, Megan Damofle, Jason Patterson, Kim & Chris Chisholm:
• Climate Change Training – Lifestyle, Debates, Emergencies & Carbon Sequestration is taking place October 24, 2014 in Puyallup and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Backcountry Crafts – Making Rope, Berry Collecting Baskets, Sleeping Bag Mats & More is taking place November 14, 2014 in Puyallup and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Wilderness Survival Skills including Bow Drill Fire Demo is taking place January 23, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Natural Navigation, Map & Compass, Lostproofing, & Orienteering is taking place February 27, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Local Wild Edible Plants & Backcountry Herbal Medicine is taking place March 27, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Safety, Tracks & Bird Alarms in Cougar, Wolf & Bear Country is taking place April 24, 2015 in Tacoma and elsewhere by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
• Backcountry Gourmet & Wilderness Camp Stove Cooking Classes by request – anytime in the fall, winter or spring.
Suggested Times: For introductory classes, we recommend scheduling hour class times for the subjects above, such as 10:30-1:30 for homeschool families, or 6:00-9:00 for evening adult classes. For more in-depth workshop level programs, we recommend 6-8 hours.
Suggested Tuition Rates: For 3 hour classes, we recommend collecting $15-$25 for the first family member, $10-$15 per additional family member, with a minimum of $275 required for most classes in King County, depending on exact location, materials needed, and instructor availability.
In-Depth Workshop Level Program Options:
For more in-depth workshop themes, we recommend 6-8 hours, and collecting $45-$95 per person depending on subject materials, with a minimum of $475-$975 collected depending on location, time and materials.
• Harvesting & Crafting Plants for Baskets, Rope, Mats & Tonics similar to the workshop taking place October 18 & November 15, 2014 in Puyallup WA.
• Sustainable Homes & Gardens: Permaculture Workshops similar to the workshop taking place November 2-9-15, 2014 in Roy WA.
• Bow & Arrow Making Workshop similar to the workshop taking place January 24, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Hide-Tanning & Parfleche Workshop similar to the workshop taking place January 31, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Wilderness Survival including Bow Drill Fire Making similar to the workshop taking place February 28, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Wolf Trackers Conservation Training similar to the workshops taking place March 28 & April 5, 2015 in Olympia & Cle Elum WA.
• Edible Seaweeds, Shellfish, & Shore Plants of the Salish Sea similar to the workshop taking place April 11, 2015 at Deception Pass.
• Wild Edible Plant Foraging & Herbal Medicine Making similar to the workshop taking place April 18, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Understanding Birds and Their Voices similar to the workshop taking place May 2, 2015 in Puyallup WA.
• Cougars, Coyotes & Other Critters: Awareness & Safety similar to the workshop taking place May 9, 2015 east of Seattle WA.
• Trailing & Photographing Animals in Elk Country similar to the workshop taking place May 23, 2015 near Mt Rainier.
• Pier & Fly Fishing similar to the workshop taking place June 6, 2015 near Tacoma WA.
To schedule a program for your family, friends or group, you can always get a hold of us using our contact page.
Credit/Debit Card Registration Option: Just call us at 253-604-4681 or 425-248-0253 and we will run your card securely over the phone.
Check/Mail Registration Option: Send with a check deposit payable to the Wolf College, 1026 14th St. SW, Puyallup WA 98371 with participant name(s), phone number, email address, age of any minors, and any allergies or health restrictions we should know about.
PayPal Registration Option:
1. Go to PayPal to send a payment.
2. Log in or add your contact information, add our email address as the recipient, and type the deposit amount you wish to make.
4. Complete your payment using your PayPal account, credit card, debit card, etc.
5. Add a note with the program date, start time, and location, plus your phone number, names of additional friends/family members you are registering, and ages of any children. PayPal will provide us with your email address.
Our refund policy:
Deposits are not refundable unless your registration is not accepted. If you cancel after making additional payment, you may receive a credit for a future program, minus a 25% administration fee of total payments made, in case of emergency. You will receive a full refund if your program is canceled and not rescheduled at a time that you can attend. No refund (and not necessarily any credit) is given if a participant is inappropriate at the program and asked to leave.