Class Themes & Dates:
Homeschool Series: Four Fall Thursdays on the Key Peninsula between Gig Harbor & Bremerton - Series of four classes on Thursdays from 10:00-12:15. Cost is $60 per child for the entire series. Please email us if you are interested, and we will forward your inquiry to the homeschool parent in charge of registration. The itinerary includes:
• Oct 23 from 10:00-12:15 – Natural Navigation, Map & Compass, Lostproofing, & Orienteering
• Oct 30 from 10:00-12:15 – Wilderness Survival Skills including Best Emergency Shelters
• Nov 6 from 10:00-12:15 – Fire Making Intensive including Fire Steel, Bow Drill & More
• Nov 13 from 10:00-12:15 – Local Wild Edible Plants & Backcountry Herbal Medicine
Evening Class Series: Fridays from 6:00-9:00 PM in Puyallup & Tacoma -
• November 14, 2014: Backcountry Crafts – Making Rope, Berry Collecting Baskets, Sleeping Bag Mats & More on Friday from 6-9 p.m. at the Wolf Campus in Puyallup.
• January 23, 2015: Wilderness Survival Skills including Bow Drill Fire Demo on Friday from 6-9 p.m. at Tacoma Mountaineers.
• February 27, 2015: Natural Navigation, Map & Compass, Lostproofing & Orienteering on Friday from 6-9 p.m. at Tacoma Mountaineers.
• March 27, 2014: Local Wild Edible Plants & Backcountry Herbal Medicineon Friday from 6-9 p.m. at Tacoma Mountaineers.
• April 24 or May 1, 2015: Safety, Tracks & Bird Alarms in Cougar, Wolf & Bear Country on Friday from 6-9 p.m. at Tacoma Mountaineers.
Special Class Series running daily, Mon-Fri, June 22-26, 2015: Special Morning & Afternoon Series of Classes in Puyallup
October 23, 2015: Climate Change Training – Lifestyle, Debates, Emergencies & Carbon Sequestration on Friday from 6-9 p.m. at the Wolf Campus in Puyallup.
Also By Request: Backcountry Gourmet & Wilderness Camp Stove Cooking at any location of your choice.
Class FAQs, Locations, Times & Tuition:
Evening classes are designed for adults, but teens are welcome, as well as focused youth with enrolled parent. Classes run from 6:00-9:00 p.m. and cost if paid in advance is $15.00 for members of The Mountaineers and $20 for non-members. At-the-door cost is $20.00 for members of The Mountaineers and $25 for non-members. Fall classes meet at the Wolf Campus, 1026 14th St SW in Puyallup, while winter-spring classes meet at the beautiful Tacoma Mountaineers building, 2302 N 30th Street in Old Town Tacoma.
To schedule morning or afternoon classes for homeschool families, private schools, scouts and other groups, we recommend 3 hour class times for the subjects above, such as 10:30-1:30, and collecting $15-$25 for the first family member, $10-$15 per additional family member, with a minimum of $225 required for most classes in Pierce County, depending on exact location, materials needed, and instructor availability.
To schedule in-depth workshop level programs we recommend 6-8 hour time periods, collecting $45-$95 per person depending on subject materials, similar to what is shown on our workshops page.
If you have any questions, you can always get a hold of us using our contact page.
Check/Mail Registration Option: Send with a check deposit payable to the Wolf College, 1026 14th St. SW, Puyallup WA 98371 with participant name(s), phone number, email address, age of any minors, and any allergies or health restrictions we should know about.
Credit/Debit Card Registration Option: Just call us at 253-604-4681 or 425-248-0253 and we will run your card securely over the phone.
PayPal Registration Option:
1. Go to PayPal to send a payment.
2. Log in or add your contact information, add our email address as the recipient, and type the deposit amount you wish to make.
4. Complete your payment using your PayPal account, credit card, debit card, etc.
5. Add a note with the program date, start time, and location, plus your phone number, names of additional friends/family members you are registering, and ages of any children. PayPal will provide us with your email address.
Our refund policy:
Deposits are not refundable unless your registration is not accepted. If you cancel after making additional payment, you may receive a credit for a future program, minus a 25% administration fee of total payments made, in case of emergency. You will receive a full refund if your program is canceled and not rescheduled at a time that you can attend. No refund (and not necessarily any credit) is given if a participant is inappropriate at the program and asked to leave.