The Conservation College offers classes, workshops and expeditions with co-directors Kim & Chris Chisholm and other faculty. These experiences are designed to introduce you to a focused topic, or help you continue to improve in an area of personal interest.
Daily Experiences of the Wolf Journey Earth Conservation Course: Complimentary and by Donation
Check out our Wolf Journey Earth Conservation Courses offered as a complimentary service during the stay-at-home era, including 9:30 AM (Pacific) Live Outdoor Broadcasts with Kim & Chris Chisholm. We will continue every Tuesday through Saturday as long as physical distancing orders are in place. After each lesson, we encourage you to go outside and practice the skills you learn. Missed the broadcasts we shared on outdoor skills earlier this spring? Catch them on our blog feed.
Early Summer – Wilderness Skills Classes for All Ages in Puyallup: $25
- June 22 Monday 1:15-3:15 Lostproofing & Awareness, Compass & Navigation
- June 23 Tuesday 9:45-11:45 Wildlife Safety & Bird Language
- June 23 Tuesday 1:15-3:15 Tracking & Trailing Wild Animals
- June 24 Wednesday 9:45-11:45 Wilderness Survival including Best Emergency Shelter
- June 24 Wednesday 1:15-3:15 Old School Fire Making including the Bow Drill & Fire Steel
- June 25 Thursday 9:45-11:45 Wild Edible Food Plants & Critters
- June 25 Thursday 1:15-3:15 Wild Plants for Medicine & Craft
- June 26 Friday 9:45-11:45 Skills of the Artisan
When registering for summer programs, please read Virus Mitigation: The Outdoor Advantage and our upcoming rewrite of Communicable Disease Prevention – Policies & Procedures. Thanks!
Future Workshop Dates TBA
Saturday Workshop: Emergency Preparedness & Survival Skills Training $85-$75 including fire steel.
Saturday Workshop: Wilderness Survival, Safety & Hygiene, Shelter & Fire $85-$75 including bow drill kit.
Saturday Workshop: Harvesting & Cooking Wild Edible Foods $95-$85 including foods.
Saturday Workshop: Science Based Herbal Medicine: Wildcrafting, Growing, Processing $95-$85 including materials.
Saturday Workshop: Sustainable Homes & Garden Series – Neighborhood & Household Food Production $65-$45 including veggies.
Saturday Workshop: Backcountry Navigation & Leadership $75-$70 includes professional hands-on risk management and emergency first aid training.
Saturday Workshop: Wildlife Safety, Tracking & Bird Voices $75-$70 includes access to our special river tracking site.